Mark Roemer Oakland Discusses Hair Transplant Methods and Which One Is Right for You
According to Mark Roemer Oakland, two primary hair transplant techniques (FUE and FUT) offer entirely natural-looking results. You must have a clear understanding of both the techniques to choose the right one for you. The mentioned below points will help you in the decision-making process:
- FUE and FUT- FUE stands for Follicular Unit Extension, and FUT stands for Follicular Unit Transplantation. Both of their techniques are pretty similar in producing the results. The implantation process is the same for both, but they have differences in the extraction procedures.
- Extraction of hair follicles- The extraction process in the FUE method takes around one to four hours, and the hairs are extracted individually. On the other hand, FUT is a quick procedure, and it requires only 15 to 30 minutes. Here, all the hair is removed at once.
- Preparation of implantation- After the extraction, a team of experts makes preparations with a high-powered stereo microscope. The team takes care of the follicular grafts and makes sure that they remain in the proper conditions and there are no mishaps.
- Implantation of hair follicles- Experts consider your natural growth pattern and make small incisions in the recipient areas. The implantation method is identical for both the FUE and FUT methods.
- Expectation from the methods- In the FUE method, there is no requirement of stitches, and so there is no scarring in the process. The healing period of this method is around three to seven days. If you want short hair, the FUE method is considered to be the best method. However, if you want to avoid short hair, you can go for the FUT method. The FUT method involves shaving the recipient site and often results in scarring on the back of the head.
- Cost of the methods- As already mentioned above, the FUE method requires more time and effort. Naturally, it is more expensive if compared to the FUT method. It is better to have a consultation with a specialist to do the accurate cost calculations of the methods.
- Choosing a method- It is you who have to make a decision in choosing the hair transplant method. You can go for either the FUE or FUT method, whichever best suits your requirements. It is also essential to consult with your physician before making a choice. He will guide you in your decision-making process and help you choose the best method according to different medical factors.
Mark Roemer Oakland believes that the points mentioned above will help you make a decision. It will be best to keep in mind that no methods are perfect, and everything has its own pros and cons. You need to clarify all your doubts and confusion about the methods and make an unbiased decision with the help of your physician. It is essential to do proper research on the hair transplant method you choose to avoid future regrets or mishaps.
Comments are closed.