05 Benefits Of Regular Physical Activity
Many people hit the gym or pound the pavement to improve cardiovascular health, build muscle, and of course, maintain a great physique. But working out has several above-the-neck benefits as well. Although it can be tempting to binge-watch your favourite shows for hours, there can be negative health consequences due to a lack of physical activity. These include increasing your risk for high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and depression, as well as decreasing your overall immune system functioning.
Heart disease in young women often goes undetected and unmanaged until a serious problem occurs. Nonetheless, the Warehouse Gym offers both a mixed and a ladies gym in Dubai with best-in-class cardio, strength, and stretch equipment. And while it is easy to pass up your regular exercise routine while social distancing at home during the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s important that we work to improve overall health, more so now than ever before.
Here are 7 ways regular exercise benefits your body and brain:
- Boost happy chemicals: During exercise, your body produces endorphins, which trigger feelings of euphoria and happiness. By increasing blood endorphin levels, exercise has been shown to significantly increase the chance of remission for people with major depression. Whether or not you’re a fitness fanatic, working out for 30 minutes three times a week will boost your mood.
- Increase your productivity: Feeling uninspired at work? Perhaps a brisk walk or jog can get your creativity flowing again. Busy schedules can make it difficult to fit in a workout during the day, however, it has been statistically proven that physically active employees are more productive and have more energy than the sedentary.
- Explore your creative spirit: A heart-pumping gym session can give you a boost of creativity and spontaneity. Even taking a long walk through lush fields and beautiful landscapes can be nourishing for your body and mind. Next time you need a burst of creativity, get outdoors for a hike or run to refresh your body and brain at the same time. Perhaps sitting at home, slouched over a keyboard, isn’t the best solution.
- Prevent cognitive decline: While it may be unwelcome to admit, our brains do tend to become hazier as we age. Exercise and a healthy diet can help your brain stave off cognitive decline that begins after age 45. A regular workout also boosts the chemicals in the brain that support and prevent damage to the hippocampus, responsible for memory and learning.
- Improve gut health: Researchers found that participants who followed a steady fitness regimen improved gut microbiota after just six weeks. Similarly, a further six weeks of sedentary behaviour reverted the gut to its initial state. This illustrates how beneficial exercise can be as well as how quickly our bodies can show positive and negative effects from exercise. Therefore, it is important to engage in physical activity each day for at least 30 minutes. The best combination for a healthy gut is a healthy diet and regular exercise. Without the other, neither is worthwhile.
Exercise doesn’t have to be a chore for you. The Warehouse Gym offers both a mixed and a ladies gym in Dubai, equipped with best in class cardio, strength, and stretch equipment. The friendly team of all-female personal trainers are ready to help you start your journey to health and wellness right now!